Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Update: July-December 2010

Much has happened since the last post. Nick began his second year of teaching for Teach For America and added a science class to his repertoire. I began my second year of community college prerequisite courses so I can go to naturopathic medical school. Just a few weeks ago I was accepted to Bastyr University's Fall 2011 incoming class of ND students! This means that Nick and I will be moving to Seattle, WA in June 2011.

My mom and I are headed to Washington in January to condo search, a blessing for Nick and me! We look forward to having a place to call our own; somewhere where we can unpack and stay awhile. Nick has just applied to the University of Washington's Political Science PhD program and will hear back from them sometime by the end of March (hopefully much much sooner). Though we will both be busy students I think we are both looking forward to the academic life again.

Now for the kitty update: Annie, my foster kitty, went to Alaska to live with Nick's parents. She is a great addition to the newly emptied-nest up there. So we were back down to two cats until... Annie's brother showed up on the porch of our first-floor neighbor. She couldn't keep him and he stole our hearts. Thus, Rousseau (Rou for short) joined our little family. He looks so similar to Locke that now, as he gets bigger, we can't keep the two straight. So to summarize: Hobbes is the white one, Locke is the one with a black nose, and Rou is the one with more white on his face.

That's the basic update! More posts soon.

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment